Why and how can you join our grassroots organization?
Membership in the League of Women Voters, the most respected and effective grassroots organization in the country, is open to men and women of all ages.
Our members make a visible difference by serving as community leaders using their experience to create positive, lasting change in our communities.
Through participation in League projects, you will:
- contribute valuable service to the community
- gain knowledge and experience through the study and discussion of timely and important topics
- discover new interests, develop new skills and learn about crucial issues in your community
- make professional contacts and develop lasting friendships as you meet others in League who share your interests
It's up to you! Many members choose to support the League only with their annual dues. Your membership alone gives us the political influence needed to build a voice for citizens and a force for change. We cover a broad spectrum of issues and concerns; you may choose to become involved in one or more of them by actively participating in a group study, or listening to a panel of experts at a meeting or just reading about them in one of our publications.
You automatically become a member of the Cook County Inter-League Organization, LWV Illinois and LWV of the United States. You will receive their publications along with the newsletter from the Park Forest Area League of Women Voters called The Intercom which is usually published six times each year . You will have the knowledge that you are adding your voice to a powerful force of members from all 50 states, Washington DC, the Virgin Islands, and Hong Kong.
It's easy! Just fill out a form. Contact us at
Email: email the League. We'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.
If you prefer to donate to us without joining our organization, we would appreciate your support.
The annual dues for the 2018-2019 year are $65/individual, $97.50/for two members of the same household and $30 for full-time students 18 years and older.
To be a Contributing Member, pay $100/individual; $132.50/household. If some of us pay more, the regular dues don't have to be increased!
The benefits of membership include the following:
* Learning about issues through programs and studies, * Participating in the effort to have good government, * Making an impact through lobbying efforts, * Getting to know public officials, * Being a member in the National, State, County and Local LWV, * Helping your community and * Having the opportunity to make new friends.
We try to have general meetings monthly throughout the year except for August. These meetings usually feature a speaker or a program relevant to our position or our studies. Study, Lobbying, and Special Activities groups or committees meet as determined by the group or committee members. Meeting programs and dates are provided in the Intercom.
If you are interested in membership or know of someone who is interested, please contact:
Membership firstname.lastname@example.org Vice-President/Membership Tiffani Graham